Alex doesn’t like fish. So needless to say, I have been lacking in omega 3 since moving in with him in April. This was my first attempt to convert him into a salmon lover and it was MUCH more successful than I expected. Who knew it would only take one delicious meal?!
2 salmon fillets
salt and pepper to taste
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 1/2 cups water
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup pot barley
1 cup frozen corn kernels
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1. In a large skillet, coat with cooking spray and cook onion and garlic until softened.
2. Add barley, cook stirring to coat.
3. Stir in corn and green onions. Add water and broth. Cook until creamy and barley is tender (about 45 minutes).
4. Stir in parmesan cheese, parsley, greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, salt and pepper.
5. Coat salmon with cooking spray, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and top with 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
6. Cook salmon on broil for 10 minutes or until cooked in the center.
One thought on “Broiled Salmon with Corn and Barley Risotto”
Staci this looks and sounds yummy. Alex is converted. Just takes a good cook.